A 5 percent or so voltage reduction may cause your television or computer tube to flicker, but it shouldn't cause a serious problem for your kitchen equipment. Your worst setback will probably involve heating appliances like toaster ovens. They will generate a little less heat than they do normally.
A 10 percent or greater reduction, however, could cause some motor-driven appliances, like an electric mixer, to struggle and overheat. Since overheating harms the equipment, and you probably have no way to measure accurately the drop in voltage, caution is in order. When you see the lights dim, don't use your motor-driven kitchen appliances unless absolute necessary.
** Asian Recipes