Asian Recipes Blog


Is it safe to cut mold off food and eat the unaffected part?

No, because a small number of molds do produce potentially harmful toxins. It is preferable and desirable to minimize the chance of mold growing on food.

In general, any foods that show mold should be discarded. But some foods, such as cheese stored in the refrigerator, and opened jam stored in a cool, dry cupboard or pantry, may show some mold growth on the surface. In these cases, if this mold is removed with a generous safety margin, the remaining cheese or jam may still be safe to eat.

Go Top

Copyright © 2003-2012 Asian Online Recipes All rights Reserved.